When you run one or more homecare agencies, education for aides is crucial to your success. Properly-educated caregivers provide better client care, get work done more efficiently, and will benefit your organization. But what’s the best way to educate your employees, who are busy adult learners holding down a job and managing a family and private life, as well?
Studies show that private employers spend more than $200 billion each year training their employees. Sadly, much of that money is wasted as a result of ineffective training practices. So before you spend precious resources on a learning system that simply doesn’t work, take a look below to uncover the secret to homecare aide education success
Education Designed for Adult Learners
If you want to teach adults a new concept, avoid passive lectures. This type of training does nothing to help adults retain information. When it comes to effectively educating adult learners working in homecare agencies, here are a few key things to remember.
- Unlike children, adults thrive best with self-directed learning. This happens when students work with instructors to develop individual programs that address their specific needs.
- Active involvement is key. To accurately absorb and retain new information, adult students need action, such as participating in case scenarios which directly relate to their work experience .
- The ideal adult learning environment encourages intellectual freedom and creativity.
Education That Gives More Bang for Your Buck
In addition to the factors mentioned above for effective caregiver education, consider which programs offer the best ROI for your homecare agencies. Training employees can quickly become an overwhelming drain on your budget. Bringing in experts to hold education sessions, hiring additional staff to provide client care while other employees are in training, and costly study materials are all ways that aide education breaks the bank.
To avoid these unnecessary costs, consider investing in an online program. With online education for aides, you’ll save money because:
- Students learn at their own pace
- No hard-copy materials to purchase or update
- No associated expenses when speakers come and present
- No travel expenses for employees to go to seminars
Aside from saving money, online aide education provides an ideal adult learning environment. It allows caregivers to work independently, gives them real-life scenarios to practice, facilitates putting what they learn to use right away during client care, and gives flexibility to study at their convenience.
Education That Benefits Your Organization
There’s another advantage of providing advanced education for your employees: it results in an elite group of caregivers. Advanced chronic disease education, specifically, creates this elite group and benefits your organization in several ways. With chronic illnesses on the rise among older adults, homecare success is practically guaranteed when you have an elite staff. Here’s why:
- Sets you apart from the competition.
- Allows you to provide specialized services.
- Improves client care and satisfaction, leading to more referrals.
- Boosts aides’ confidence and increases employee retention.
- Allows you to cater to the specific needs of your community.
With the right homecare aide education that caters to adult learners, you’re giving your organization the best chance for success. To find out more about effective online training, look at Kenyon Aide University. Discover a chronic disease education program that is convenient, cost-effective, and provides chronic disease certification.This allows you to train an elite group of caregivers to provide specialty services needed in your community.
Reach out to us to get started!